Chhattisgarh board of secondary education - CLASS 10 - English - september assignment (Question with answer) - full details



 Chhattisgarh Board Of Secondary Education, Raipur  Academic Session 2020-21

Month- September 

Assignment - 1  

Class - X 

 

Subject - English

Total marks - 20

 

Instruction:- Please attempt the questions as per given instruction.


Q. 1 Read the following passage and answer the questions that  follow. 

Two and half hours later, they found themselves at a tiny, dusty  railway station. They got down and stepped outside. A large well built  men wearing a white dhoti and kurta and sporting a hug turban greeted  them with folded hands. He led them to a bullock cart and much to  Ajit’s delight lifted and placed him on the cart. The cart trundled on for  almost an hour till they finally reached the village. They alighted in  front of a large brick house. An elderly man and a woman come out  greeting Nanaji and fussing over the kids. They spoke in a dialect which  Naina and Ajit found difficult to understand.  

Question  

a) Describe the man who greeted them at the station. 2   marks 

He was------------------------------------  

He was wearing -------------------------  

He --------------------------------- head  

He ------------------------------ hands.  


Ans -

He was a large well built man.

He was wearing a white dhoti and kurta

He was  wearing a huge turban on his head.

He greeted them with folded hands.

b) Find the meaning of the words from the dictionary and make a  sentence of your own for each of them. 3 marks  

trundled; dialect; alighted: 

Ans -


1. trundled 

meaning in English - to move slowly

meaning in Hindi - धीरे-धीरे चलना

sentence - 

1. The cart Trundled on for almost an hour till they finally reached the village.

2. The farmer trundled his produce to market in a rickety wagon.


2. dialect - 

meaning in English -  a form of a language that is spoken in one area of a country

meaning in Hindi - बोली या स्थानीय भाषा

sentence - 

1. It was difficult to understand the local dialect

2. They Spoke in a dialect which Naina and Ajit found difficult to understand

3. The immigrants spoke an old dialect of English.


3. alighted - 

meaning in English - Get down, Get off

meaning in Hindi - नीचे उतरो

sentence -

1. They Alighted infront of a large brick house.

2. He was the only passenger to alight from the train.


Q. 2 Answer the following questions. 2 x 3 = 6 marks 

a) How can you show love for your country in this pandemic  situation?  (hint: mask; social distancing; cleanliness)  

Ans. We can show love for our country in this pandemic situation by wearing a mask. It is the easiest way to protect ourselves as well as others. We must take all the cleanliness measures and maintain social distancing during COVID-19 situation. 

    "Love of the country and each other:Wearing a mask during pandemic is a expression of patriotism"


OR


Ans. I can show love for my country in this pandemic situation in these ways

1. I always use face mask in public places and spread awareness to use the mask in my locality.

   (मैं हमेशा सार्वजनिक स्थानों पर फेस मास्क का उपयोग करता हूं और अपने इलाके में मास्क का उपयोग करने के लिए जागरूकता फैलाता हूं)

2. I always use hand sanitizer to clean my hand and to protect from virus

    (मैं हमेशा अपने हाथ को साफ करने और वायरस से बचाने के लिए हैंड सैनिटाइजर का उपयोग करता हूं)

3. I always follow the social distance and also spread awareness to follow so that we protect ourself from this  pandemic situation

    (मैं हमेशा सामाजिक दूरी का पालन करता हूं और पालन करने के लिए जागरूकता भी फैलाता हूं ताकि हम इस महामारी की स्थिति से खुद की रक्षा करें)


b) Name the Indians who have received Nobel Prize and their  category.  


 Ans. The Indians who have received Nobel Prize and their  category are as follows

1. Abhijit Banerjee - Economics - 2019

2. Kailash Satyarthi - Peace - 2014

3. Amartya Sen - Economics - 1998

4. Mother Teresa - Peace - 1979

5.  CV Raman - Physics - 1930

6. Rabindranath Tagore - Literature - 1913


Q.3 (A) Write two sentences, one having an adverbial clause and  the other must have an adjective phrase. 2 marks 

Ans. 

1. Unless you run fast, you will miss the bus

Adverbial clause - Unless you run fast

2. My brother is older than me.

Adjective phrase - Older than me.


(B) Do as directed 3 marks  

(i) I reached the station. I will call you (join the sentences using  ‘when’)  

Ans. When I reached the station. I will call you.


(ii) Opening the door, he went out. (make two sentences from this  sentence.)  

Ans.

1. He opened the door and went out

2. After going out he opened the door


(iii) Food; pencil; hope; mistake: (which determiner: little/few will  you use for these nouns.)  

Ans.

Food - Little food 

Pencil  -Few pencil 

Hope - Little hope 

Mistake - Few mistake


Q.4 You are Anuj/ Anju residing at A-63 Avanti Vihar Raipur.  Write a letter to your friend telling him/her about how you spend  your days during lockdown: 4 marks


A-63

Avanti vihar
Raipur
Date - 1st October 2020

Dear friend,
I hope all is well at your place. Hope you are spending quality time with your family but I know you are home quarantined, it might be little boring but for health, it is must. I am sure you are maintaining social and also using masks.
I am also taking  all the preventive measure and following all the rules for safety. I have started playing indoor game and enjoy my leisure time with pursuing my hobby. My mother prepared delicious recipes and I help her in cooking. We both enjoy the cooking time.
I also started yoga with my father. We spend lot of time with my mother. I just await of the day when vaccine will be developed and we can go freely anywhere.
You will also share some of your feeling as how you are spending time now a day.
Your lovely
Anuj/Anju

OR

Date: 1st October 2020

Residing at A-63

Avanti Vihar Raipur.

Dear Friend,

How are you? I am fine in this letter,

I am going to tell you about my quarantine day during the lockdown period.

I am a very lazy person.but I learnt cooking in this lockdown.I love having fast foods but cannot go outside to have this in lockdown situation.so,I tried to make one item daily and most of these tested good.

Tell me something about your lockdown days.i will be waiting for take my love.

your lovingly

Anuj/Anju



दिनांक: 1 अक्टूबर 2020
A-63 में रहते हैं
अवंति विहार रायपुर।

प्रिय मित्र,
क्या हाल है? मैं इस पत्र में ठीक हूं,
मैं आपको अपने संगरोध दिन के बारे में बताने जा रहा हूं लॉकडाउन अवधि के दौरान।
मैं बहुत आलसी व्यक्ति हूं। लेकिन मैंने इस लॉकडाउन में खाना बनाना सीखा। मुझे फास्ट फूड खाना बहुत पसंद है, लेकिन लॉकडाउन की स्थिति में ऐसा करने के लिए बाहर नहीं जा सकता। इसलिए, मैंने रोजाना एक आइटम बनाने की कोशिश की और इनमें से ज्यादातर अच्छे थे।
मुझे अपने लॉकडाउन दिनों के बारे में कुछ बताइए। 

आपके प्यार से
अनुज / अंजू

Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments